It is great to see you take the time to find out more about Napanion :)
You see the green WhatsApp button down to the right?
Text us or leave us a voicemail – ask us anything you want to know and we will get back to you and answer your question!
You can also email us at email@example.com.
The most frequent questions we get are shown below:
We run our operations from Switzerland, Horn to be exact. This is where we package, ship and run our customer support. Our founders are from Zurich and Berchtesgaden, both living and working between Dublin, Zurich and the rest of the world. Products are sourced throughout the world from Portugal, (organic cotton bags) to Indonesia (coconut bowls). We always keep in mind to source natural products grown and harvested as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We make donations to reforestations organisations, such as One Tree Planted and Eden Reforestation Projects. We believe deeply that giving back to mother nature will pay off in the long run. If you know of any other great organisations, please let us know so we can also consider them in future!
Individual shipping and packaging prices are not only costing us as company more, but also our environment. This is why we want to incentivize people to buy 6 toothbrushes at once, which will last a year, instead of having a single brush sent every 2 months. This means, packaging materials as well as your carbon footprint involved with transportation are reduced by 75%. That’s why we prefer to pass on the money we would save directly to you, by giving you a discount.
- Our definition of sustainability is to source eco-friendly products that have low impact on our environment, where they grow naturally. Hence, we produce in the countries where we have an abundance of those resources. Let's take our coconut bowls for example: most coconuts are harvested in Indonesia where only the coconut milk and flesh is used - the bowls are usually thrown away. Our local partner then collects the coconut bowls and prepares them to be used as actual bowls. Thereby, the "side product" of coconut milk, becomes our main product - our coconut bowl. This all happens without causing any harm to the environment. However, we do have ship them to Switzerland (Have you seen coconut trees in Switzerland? We didn’t) - which does create shipping emission. To offset this shipping emission we plant one tree for every order. We follow the same sustainability theory with all our products, trying to minimise the environmental impact as much as possible and utilize natural and sustainable products.
- We use the regional postal service, as this was the best overall compromise for us. When it comes to packaging, this is a constant internal discussion and we are always reviewing options and trying out new things. There are a lot of factors to consider, such as overall carbon footprint, functional (i.e. protection of goods), compatibility with postal service (i.e. pricing class), etc. We are currently shipping plastic free with large orders using recycled FSC carton boxes.
- When reviewing available options that could be used as an alternative to plastic, our research led us to bamboo. There are multiple reasons for using bamboo including it being a very fast growing type of grass (not wood), being a stable natural resource that shows extreme traits regarding toughness and durability. Furthermore, bamboo fiber has natural functions of anti-bacteria, deodorization characteristics and is biodegradable. Its water use is efficient, when comparing it to cotton using 20’000L per Kg produced, while bamboo uses 500L per Kg and the land doesn’t require irrigation. Since it is a grass it regenerates after being cut, just like a lawn, without the need of replanting. The roots remain in place after harvesting, preventing erosion and helping retain nutrients for the next crop. In short, it’s a great alternative to plastic, which can be used in many more cases - which we're working on.
- For proper disposal, please remove the bristles. It’s easy to do so with a pair of pliers. You will also need to remove a small meal plat that is used – instead of glue – to keep the bristles together. Once the bristles are removed, the handle can be put in your home compost or in a commercial composting bin. Each country has different recycling options, but in most countries and cities you’ll be able to put the bristles in the plastic recycling bin. If you are unsure - check with your local authority.
- The handle is made from 100% sustainable bamboo and can be put in your home compost or in a commercial composting bin. The bristles are made from Nylon 6 and are not biodegradable.
USE COCONUT OIL
Our coconut bowls are a true gift from nature - as they are 100% natural, we recommend giving them some tender car, to make sure they stay nice and smooth. Give them a good scrub with coconut oil or any other high nutrient oil ideally every week, if you are using them regularly.
NO HOT FOODS
Our bowls are a bit scared of the heat, so do not expose your bowl to extreme heat and do not put them in the refrigerator, microwave, oven or dishwasher.
Be gentle and friendly to your natural companion - hand wash and rinse with lukewarm soapy water after use. Do not put them in the dishwasher or soak them for too long.
We wish we had, but honestly no.
When considering the entire operations and all the processes involved there is still room for improvement. We have already made great progress since we started, constantly looking for details to optimise, but there is still much more to be done.
Currently, we are facing a lot of external factors which we can’t influence (i.e. postal shipping), technological limitation (i.e. our brush being 96% biodegradable and not 100%), and areas were we simply still lack deeper knowledge.
We try to stay up to date and communicate with others in this space on better solutions, but if you see something we could do better - PLEASE TELL US!
We have already received great feedback from people and been able to implement suggestions.
Our world needs all the help we can get!
So give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the WhatsApp button to the right!
Lets make a positive impact together :)
Marc & Josef